Thursday, November 6, 2008

Unhook Me Please (if only I could be Amish)

There is not much in the world that would make me happier then completely falling off the grid. I am talking about going totally green, and I don't mean hybrid. I mean shunning the whole idea of electricity. I think the Amish have something close to the right idea. A matter of fact I would probably join them but we have some social and religious ideas that we don't, won't, and can't agree on. I am willing to bet that the Amish community as a whole has an extremely small carbon foot print. Sure it's a hard life but I think the rewards are worth it. When you take away all the excess you are left with closer friends, family, and an earth that takes on a whole new meaningful beauty. I wonder where I could find some good land and a horse.

No comments: